Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Grady's 1st Day of School

Grady started preschool today!  He has been ready for preschool since Grant's first day of school two years ago!!  It is hard to believe that our "little monster" is going to school!!  He seemed a little nervous, but definitely ready!  We are so excited for him as he starts this independent adventure!!!
Grant gave Grady a few words of advice before he left on the bus... He said, "Grady, you better be good because the helper in your room is actually the principal of the school and she will spank you if you are naughty!"  Nice, Grant!!  He is right, the teacher's assistant is the director of the preschool.
Me and my little Grady Monster
One more hug before he heads out!  Gilli must be frustrated that she isn't the center of attention!!
Grady was more hesitant than I thought he would be going in the door of his classroom.  Once he did the first activity, he warmed right up and was the usual chatter box.  I think he is going to learn to raise his hand before he speaks!  Preschool will be so good for him!!

Grady's first project at school was to color a tree and put ten apples up on top.  Grady put a few quick scratches of color on the paper and whipped the stickers on in no time!  My boys are SO opposite!!  Grant, two years ago, sat at the table for a VERY long time, coloring in all the lines and putting each sticker in the PERFECT place.  I LOVE that they are SO different!  
Yay!  They have legos at preschool!  This look says... Can you please put the camera away now?!!

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Go, Grady, Go! He looks like such a big boy now...and I love the pictures in front of your deep red door. Those memories will be priceless...especially since your new door may be a different shade! :)

Anonymous said...

He does look like such a big boy!!!!!

Grady, I am so glad you finally get to go to school, too!:)

I wish my classroom was filled with a bunch of little "Gradys"!!!! All I would do is laugh all day long!:)

Steph said...

Way to go, Grady!! What a handsome boy!

McMurrays said...

Isn't it crazy how they can be so different??? What a great brothers picture. I love first day of school pics they are my favorite! Pre-school is the best!
I already miss pre-school but I think we are going to blink and we will be taking Lucia and Gilli to preschool. . yikes!
Happy Fall!