Saturday, August 2, 2008

Tennessee

Every other year, our family takes a vacation with Grandma, Grandpa, Aunts and Uncles. This year, we came to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee to enjoy the sites of the Smokey Mountains and the surrounding entertainment. Within the first 3 days we've managed to celebrate our wedding anniversary (9 years), go to the aquarium, go hiking in the mountains, swim, go go-karting, care for a sick kid, eat, eat, eat, and go to see a show. Having three children is a lot different than two when you're on vacation. Gillian has been great, however I think she misses home, which isn't a bad thing. Grant and Grady are living-it-up with the endless amount of fun.

Gretchen and I were married 9 years ago on July 31st. We came to Pigeon Forge for our honeymoon. This is our 4th time back and we love coming here, especially now that we can share this area with our kids. Allow me to go off subject for a minute to brag on my wife of 9 years. She is the best, most beautiful, thoughtful, intelligent woman I know and I love her to death. She makes my world immensely more enjoyable. The best part about her is she loves Jesus and loves to share that with others and with her family. "LOVE YOU GRETA!"

The Adam's Family... No, No, No... the G family
Grant and Grady admire the beautiful salt water fish at the Ripley's Aquarium
We are tough guys. Arrrgggghhhhhh!!!
Go-kart riding with Grandpa
Grant and Daddy went hiking in the Great Smokie Mountains. Grant scaled this waterfall...
Bubble fun for Gilli in the tub
Grant and Grady wanted to look like Santa Clause
Mommy and Gilli at the aquarium

10 comments:

Pam L said...

Wow, that's one of our favorite places too. We have spent several anniversaries there. Love the aquarium! Just love the whole area. Glad you had a great time!

Joanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love the bubble bath pics...looks like so much fun!!!

I am glad you are all having fun!:) However, I know you would be having more fun if we were there...haha!;)

P.S. Joanna - I cannot believe you posted that comment...actually from what I have heard about you, I can...but regardless...made me a little uncomfortable to read!;)

P.S.S Gerald - you made a parallel structure mistake in your blog...I'll let you know about it!:) Otherwise...it was all very, very sweet!:)

Joanna said...

Okay, Ms. Heidi, I edited my post for you! :) I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable.

Looks like you guys are having a great time, and your pics are awesome.

I love Greta, too! Thanks for sharing her with me! :) She makes my life immensely happy, too.

Anonymous said...

Joanna - haha...thanks for the edited version!;) now everyone who didn't read it before is going to be very curious about your post!:)

The gFamily said...

Joanna

I liked your post. You and Heidi can have a royal rumble at our house on Saturday.

Gerald

Joanna said...

Will there be a mud pit involved? :)

Steph said...

YAY!! I LOVE the Smokies!!! We were also married almost 9 years ago and spent our honeymoon in the Smokies! It is one of our favorite places! It is so awesome to see you sharing that with your beautiful children!

Pineapple Princess said...

Looks like I missed some funny stuff in the comment section!

My favorite picture is the last one with you and Gillian. You both look beautiful, and the lighting is amazing. I love how you dress her!!!

Have a great day,
Stacy

Jenny said...

Hi! I gave your a Brillante Blogger award. Check out my blog and have fun!

Jenny S.