Friday, December 18, 2009

Ole' Saint Nick and John Deere

Every year we go to visit Santa Claus at Reynolds John Deere store. Even though we don't live in the country, the country lives in us. The kids love tractors!

Grant knows how the whole Santa thing works. He is a very intuitive kid and figured it all out last year. This year he said he wasn't going to sit on Santa's lap. However we told him that we wanted to snap a photo. When Grant was asked what he wanted, he decided to go for it and see what Santa would say. Grant asked for a real Tractor, a hunting gun and a 4-wheeler. Then he looked at us and said "Hey, you wanted me to sit on Santa's lap!!" That started the laughter for us and the lady elf standing next to Santa


Oh, it only gets better! When Grady was finished itemizing his list of toys to Santa, he looked at him and said in a loud voice "I sure hope I didn't make the naughty list this year." Again, we were laughing our heads off.


Finally, our sweet little Gilli decided it was safe to sit next to Santa because he had a candy cane to give her. She was there long enough to get her candy cane, smile at him, and then the tears started rolling. Later at Pizza Hut she described her experience by saying, "I sat on Santa's lap and said HuHuHu (fake crying)." Then she started laughing because she thought she was funny.... which she was!

4 comments:

Arena Mom said...

How adorable! It is great you documented that...it will be a blast to read in later years.

Hannah said...

That is so cute! I can't believe you have Santa at the John Deere store...that cracked me up. I live in the country and we don't do that !

So Cute! Love it!

Joanna said...

You can take the kids out of the honky-tonk, but you can't take the honky-tonk out of the kids! This is so hilarious, and quite adorable! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time with Santa....fun pics.....we went last night and it was absolutely the worst experience in my life as a mom. Kids did great, the Santa was beyond rude. I'll have to fill you in later. Glad your experience was more pleasant!